Friday, October 24, 2008

This is Halloween!!

Click to play DISNEY
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

We had such a great time on our trip October 7-11, 2008 that I forgot all about cooking and obviously blogging. I do want to share my favorite thing to eat from the trip. They serve it at the New Orleans Cafe, or you can get it at the Blue Bayou, it is the Monte Cristo Sandwich. If you don't know what it is, it is a ham, turkey, and cheese sandwich on french toast and then deep fried. They sprinkle it with powdered sugar and put some raspberry jam on the side for dipping. OOhhh it is heavenly. Unfortunately due to the nature of my pregnancy I was only able to enjoy it for about 20 minutes. Oh well, it was worth it!

Mone Cristo Sandwich
Ingredients for 1 servings

Batter
1 1/2 cup
flour all purpose, sifted
1/4 teaspoon
salt
1 tablespoon
baking powder
1 1/3 cup water
1 egg


Sandwich
1 ounce Sliced white turkey
1 ounce Sliced Swiss cheese
1 ounce ham sliced
2 slices Egg bread

recipe preparation
Sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Add water to beaten egg, then add to flour mixture and mix well. Set aside. Make a sandwich using turkey first, then Swiss cheese and then ham. Cut sandwich into quarters using tooth picks to hold sandwich together. Dip sandwich in egg batter and fry in 360@ canola oil until golden brown. Remove toothpicks and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with raspberry jelly or maple syrup.

I have to admit I made this once and it was pretty good but nothing compares to eating it at Disneyland!

5 comments:

Becky, yep said...

That recipe looks amazing...those are my cousins faves!
So...welcome back...I think I need to call you because I heard some NEWS!?!?!?!?

The Dunham Family said...

Cute slideshow! My favorite treat at disneyland was the chocolate carmel covered marhmallows. I had one every day.

The Dunham Family said...

Steve wants to know what kind of music that is with your slide show?

Kirbell said...

Hey, sorry we missed you! I was even in the park on the 11th! Next time you come we'll have to meet up and chow down on a Monte Cristo...also a favorite of ours. I can only eat half before I want to puke.

Mary Kim Oswald said...

We missed you by a week. Snap. Looks like you had fun. Cute pics.