Sunday, September 28, 2008

Event Baking

I just don't have it in me right now to bake for fun, but I had an event that needed dessert. I found the recipe for these "Kisses Candy Corn Autumn Cookies" on the back of a package of Candy Corn flavored kisses. Yep they reall look and taste like candy corns. I don't usually experiment for events so I made these and another cookie bar. The other recipe came from a Young Woman's leader back in the day. They are called Immoral Bars and are true to their name.

Candy Corn Kiss Cookies


Here is the link for this recipe... Kisses Candy Corn Autumn Cookies

Next are my personal favorite-

Immoral Bars

48 light caramels
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup quick oats
1/3 teaspoon salt
2/3 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/8 cup brown sugar
1 1/8 cup melted butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup nuts (opt.)

Melt caramels and cream and set aside. Combine flour, oats, salt, soda, brown sugar, and butter then blend. Pat 1/2 mixture in and ungreased 9x13 pan. Bake 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chips and nuts evenly. Pour caramels over top. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture over the top (Do not spread). Bake 15 - 20 minutes more. Let cool before serving.

I hope you enjoy these recipes, they are perfect for fall!

3 comments:

AMES said...

Okay Sprout, you are just AMAZING - I seriously don't know how you do it.

AMES said...

Oh and Sprout!
What is your email address? I just wanted to send ya some stuff. Email me with it if you get a chance. amy_evans_clark@yahoo.com

Melodrama Mama said...

With kids who are obsessed with Candy Corns, I will have to give these a try!