Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's a Baaffle!!!!!

What's a baaffle (pronounced bawful) you ask?? It is the name my neighbor came up with for the lunch he just happened to show up for.
+ +
These 3 ingredients among others combine to make a baaffle. I got this recipe at work from a friend who was telling us about the trouble she went to, to make these for her husband for Father's Day. Thanks Julia! I sure wish I had had this recipe last Sunday! I was sure they would be a hit at my house since bacon and cheese are among the favorites. It just so happened we had 2 neighbor's join us too! They were a HIT! I want to dedicate this recipe to all you bacon lovers out there!
Baaffle
2 cups Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix
1 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1 egg
1 Tablespoon melted butter
Mix together then stir into batter:
6-8 slices bacon crumbled
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Cook on a waffle iron like a regular waffle.
Makes 3 - - 12 inch square waffles
Homemade Buttermilk Syrup
2 cubes butter
2 cups sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Melt butter in a medium saucepan on medium high heat. Add sugar and buttermilk. Bring to a boil. Stir constantly at a boil for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda. (If your pot is more than 1/2 full you may want to add the vanilla and soda in the sink, it will almost double the volume.)
Serve syrup over hot waffle. MMMMM, these are sooo good.
Caution: Not to be used for dieters, may clog arteries!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love the new look of your blog!!! Send me the link. Also, I hope you don't mind if I steel some of your tunes.
P.S. as always the recepies look so tasty