Monday, June 16, 2008

A Tribute to Dad!



Happy Father's Day to the best dad in the whole world.

He truely is "INCREDIBLE!"



Things have been crazy busy the last couple of weeks. A very fun and relaxing girls trip to St. George, and then being in charge of the Fassmann Family Reunion have taken up my free time...free time, what's that? In the midst of the chaos, I showed the meatloaf cupcakes to my mother-in-law, and we decided to try them for Father's Day along with Ribs. The family had a great time and everything was a big hit! Here are pictures of Barb's "cupcakes." Sorry, the recipe is a family secret!







This rib recipe was shared by my good friend from work, Jodi. I took some liberty on the recipe and changed it a little on accident. I needed Sprite for the recipe and didn't have any and really didn't want to go to the store. We just happened to be at the in-laws and I figured they might have some. There wasn't any Sprite but there was Tiki Mist Shasta. I looked at the ingredients and it had lemon juice so I figured it was their version of lemon lime soda. I didn't think anything of it until the next morning when I put it in the crock pot with the ribs. Well it was closer to Mountain Dew than it was to Sprite. I used it any ways. The ribs were incredible.

Barbeque Ribs
1 rack bone-in pork ribs
2 cans Sprite (or Tiki Punch)
Cook on low in crockpot 4-6 hours.
Remove from crock pot to a pan. Brush with your favorite BBQ sauce and bake in 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Enjoy!




1 comment:

Jen said...

Sheldon brought us some meatloaf. Delicious! I wished I'd tryed the ribs.