Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Oktoberfest 2008






We were invited to Jeff's brother's house for an early Oktoberfest celebration. Jeff is usually a pretty big time fun hater but something got into him.....he actually agreed to join me and Molly in some customary German get ups



Our little family!



Portia, Molly, and Isabelle
I way out did my self for the evening and made something that resembles a donut hole. They are called Kreppeln. I remember family reunions at Bear Lake where there was always a giant basket full of these delicious treats.
Kreppeln
4 cups flour
1/2 cup vanilla sugar (or 1/2 c. sugar with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
4 teaspoons baking soda
1 egg
rind of 1 lemon grated
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract
Mix all ingredients slowly until forms a thick dough.
Drop by teaspoonful into hot oil, fry on both sides until golden.
Roll in granulated sugar.
They are best while still warm
MMMMmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Diamond said...

nice outfit jeff

Diamond said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirbell said...

I love the outfits...really. I have to, I'm half German! Except I did have to laugh at Jeff for a second. This would make a great Christmas card!

Becky, yep said...

Those look SO GOOD! and so do your outfits!

wendy said...

Hi Kristy - Thank you for my blankie. I got it when I was a baby. I still love it. I love it every day.
Zack

*parental side note: I was showing Zack the different blogs that I frequent and when we saw yours I told him that you had given him his 'special blanket'. He has been slightly obsessed with you since and has been overcome with gratitude!!

Melodrama Mama said...

That last comment was from me - I have 2 google account now and I am not smart enough to keep them straight! Your outfits are AWESOME and I am glad that Jeff wasn't a hater!