Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Yack....Food!

Well only under certain circumstances do I despise food and the main one is when I am pregnant. Well lack of time hasn't been the real reason for the few and far between posts, it has been the dreaded pregnant sickness. It's not just in the morning or at noon or lunch, it is ALL DAY LONG! My poor husband the saint has had maybe 2 meals cooked for him by me in the past 13 weeks. He has been feeding himself and Molly. I don't just get nauseated but I vomit at least 2 times a day. I have been trying to loose weight...how about 25 pounds. I haven't really enjoyed the method however. Breakfast usually stays down, but anything after the noon hour I get to enjoy twice.
Today, however was the second meal I have cooked, not sure what really got into me. I guess I have felt a lot of guilt for being a terrible, unmotivated, and unproductive wife and mom. Molly has been soo good to me! "Mom are you going to puke?" is usually her response when I start to cough, then she runs to the bathroom and puts up the toilet seat for me. What a girl! I did disappoint her last week when we were at the Spaghetti Factory and I wasn't able to make it home and left a mess in the parking lot. She really reprimanded me and said mom "you aren't supposed to puke in the street!" We are so excited though, despite the trials for this new "little bundle" we are expecting.
Hope I didn't gross you out too much!
Of all the pungent things to make, why did I choose this????? Oh well Jeff and Molly liked it!

Chili Pasta Casserole Recipe

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 can (15 oz) vegetarian chili with beans
1 can (14 1/2 oz) Italian style stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
8 oz. cooked pasta

Instructions: Cook ground beef and onion in large skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brown beef until no longer pink. Drain fat. Stir in chili, tomatoes with juice, 1 cup cheddar cheese, sour cream, chili powder and garlic powder.Add chili mixture to pasta and stir until pasta is coated. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover and cook 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.

5 comments:

The Dunham Family said...

Congratulations, I am so excited for you guys! You are the best parents ever, I think our kids are a little jealous. If you ever want to talk "puke" stories, I am the expert. I feel your pain girl, but it is totally worth it!

Becky, yep said...

I can't believe I missed this one! I too am so excited for you guys!
I always love talking with you and would love to walk again after little Jeff? gets here!
I hope you feel better soon!

AMES said...

Okay, I feel stupid.... YOU'RE PREGNANT?? Well a belated congrats to you my friend. Seriously. That's awesome. Molly is so stinkin' cute that you HAD to have another one. We really ought to get together a little more often so that I can keep up with the news. Sorry for not knowing. It was fun to see you at the U game. I can honestly say after this last pregnancy that I know how you feel with the nausea. I'm so sorry you are having such a rough one - but that usually means they are gonna be extra super special ;) Love ya.

Shauna said...

I am sooo HAPPY for you!!
Sorry about the icky pukey feeling!! Soon you will have another cute baby as beautiful as Molly!! Hang in there!

Kirbell said...

Congrats on #2! Hope you feel better soon!