Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tis the Season!






Ahh the season for holiday baking, mmmm. Unfortunately I haven't really baked much. I could just take credit for baking up this cute Gingerbread House we made as a family. I have attempted in the past but thank heavens for Costco! I have also been working on a craft for our Ward Christmas Party. What do you guys think about this for a centerpiece?








I had better post some good recipes for the month, don't be surprised if they are all desserts though.




Homemade Oreo Cookies




1 package devil's food cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Canned frosting (your favorite flavor...ours is cream cheese)

Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil. Form into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Let cool. Put frosting in the middle of 2 cookies.

While eating one last night I thought mmminty frosting or cherry would be super delish too. Decorate them up for Christmas with some red and green sprinkles around the edges.


6 comments:

3 Lumps-O-Cole said...

I was going to call you for this recipe. They were yummy!

Phillips Family said...

I love the centerpiece!

Sarah said...

The centerpiece is awesome! I can not wait to see it in person. I will be there on Friday with my salad in hand. Wish they had taken your advice then I would not have to make one.

AMES said...

LOVE the centerpiece, Sprout! Honestly. You've got talent, girl! Hope you're feeling better.

Melissa Morgan said...

You are going to get yourself in trouble you know.....enrichment leader is calling your name:) We need to get together again soon!

Jen said...

What do you mean do we mind if you only post dessert! LOVE dessert!!! Your centerpieces were so cute, I've never doubted you. Great job! Merry Christmas